What will you do daily
As an Insurance Agent, you will be engaged with one or more of the following roles and responsibilities: -
- You will advise and educate people who want to buy insurance policies about the features and benefits of different insurance policies include life insurance, health insurance, and general insurance.
- You will assess and understand the needs of the customers or understand their future financial requirements.
- You will assist customers to decide which insurance policy to buy according to their needs or future financial requirements.
- You will help existing insurance policyholders to pay their premiums in time or renew their policies (premium means the amount an insurance policyholder has to pay to the insurance company to receive an insurance policy). You will also advise and educate them about any additional policies that they may wish to buy.
- You will maintain data about the potential and existing insurance policyholders. You will keep track of the premium payment schedules of your customers as well as keep track of the renewals.
- You will help insurance policyholders or their nominees to claim the benefits of the various insurance policies when the need arises or when the policies mature (maturing means the period over which an insurance policy remains valid gets over).
- You will ensure that all policy requirements are satisfied as per the insurance company’s policies as well as all the rules and regulations governing insurance policies in the country.
- You will learn about new insurance policies, features and benefits and keep yourself updated with knowledge about various financial services in order to perform well in your jobs.