IOT has opened array of opportunities for the following roles, have a quick check on where you fit in-
- Designer: CAD Designer who can design a IoT consumer device such as a Wearable.
- Material specialist: Need to have an understanding of material to be used which can embed a sensor with in it. Key for material selection
- Embedded Engineer: Who can program the electronic component which part of the IoT Device
- Network Engineer: Who can decide and help establish a Fog Computing network or choose the right gateway, etc.,
- Cloud Engineer: Who will be able to establish & deploy the middleware and NoSQL database for collecting data from the IoT devices from the network.
- Data Scientist: Who can help in analysing the volume of data streams inflowing to the cloud using in-memory computing or batch processing to convert into meaningful dataset.
- Data Visualization expert: Who will be able to provide a visual feel of the data as the final outcome to make business insight.
- UI Engineer: Who can help design the right user interface to interact with the IoT Device.
- Data architect: Who will be able to design the right data model right from identifying the last grain collected from the IoT Device to the final data warehouse
- Programmer: Would develop back-end and integrate with the middle ware, cloud databases, etc.,
- Test engineers: Who will be able to test the functional aspects of the IoT devices and its integrated application test scenarios
- Instrumentation Engineers: Who will be able to handle actuators, sensors for closed loop systems.