After completing your graduation with a law degree, you can get a job with:
- A senior practising lawyer and work as a Junior, helping him prepare case files, research, presentation, filing cases in courts etc.
- A law firm or a solicitor’s firm as a Junior Solicitor or similar position. Here as well, you will assist senior lawyers in preparing case files, research, presentation, filing cases in courts, etc.
- A management consulting or financial consulting firm which has legal practices. Here also you will work to assist senior lawyers.
- Defence forces or government legal functions or departments as Public Prosecutor or in similar roles.
- In case you want to practice independently or on behalf of a firm, company, or other organizations, you need to register with a State Bar Council and then appear and qualify in All India Bar Examination (AIBE) conducted by the Bar Council of India. Independent practice is advisable only after having 8-10 years of experience under a senior lawyer or with a firm.